For Immediate Release
Date: November 16, 2011
RE:Vision Effects releases Twixtor 5 for Avid® Systems.
RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the initial release of their Twixtor 5 plug-in for Avid® Media Composer®, Symphony® and NewsCutter®, including 64-bit support for Media Composer 6, Symphony 6 and NewsCutter 10.
Twixtor can create highly engaging slow motion shots without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision's proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
"Users of Media Composer, Symphony and NewsCutter have been needing faster results and better integration of Twixtor, and we have worked closely with Avid to give users the rich experience and results they expect from both Twixtor and Avid applications," says Pete Litwinowicz, President of RE:Vision Effects, Inc.
- Twixtor v5 is now an AVX2 plugin.
- Twixtor v5 adds 10 and 16 bit internal image support.
- Twixtor v5 is much faster than version 4. Internal tests show Twixtor v5 runs 30 to 40% faster than Twixtor v4.
Availability and compatibility:
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Media Composer, Symphony and NewsCutter are supported.
- Media Composer 5.0 and up tested, including 64-bit support for MC 6. Should work in 3.0 and 4.0, users should try the demo before purchasing.
- Symphony 5.0 and up tested, including 64-bit support for v6. Should work in 3.0 and 4.0, but users should try the demo before purchasing.
- NewsCutter 7 and up.
- Twixtor v5, AVX2 plug-in for Media Composer, Symphony and NewsCutter: $329.95.
- Upgrade to Twixtor v5 from a previous Twixtor for Avid systems version: $82.49.
- Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloads and Tutorials available on http://www.revsionfx.com